- Per the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia, Bills CB Kevin Johnson suffered a stinger and will be further evaluated. Bills WR Duke Williams has a shoulder injury.
Dolphins QB Ryan Fitzpatrick lost the starting job earlier in the season as HC Brian Flores elected to go with QB Josh Rosen. However, when Rosen failed to solidify the starting job, Flores turned back to the veteran Fitzpatrick who led the Dolphins’ offense to perhaps their best performance of the season, albeit in a 31-21 loss to Buffalo. Flores said Fitzpatrick earned another start with that performance and Fitzpatrick believes he’s the best option for the Dolphins right now.
“I think I’m the perfect man for the job because I’ve been through it. I have zero ego. All I want to do is go out there and win,” Fitzpatrick said via Safid Deen of the South Florida Sun Sentinel. “I want to bring energy. I want my play to be infectious to other guys. We have a lot of young guys that haven’t really played much on this level. We have some young talented guys a year or two into it. I want to be the stable guy they can look to when things get a little tricky.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that while the Dolphins considered CB Xavien Howard to be in the same untouchable camp as LT Laremy Tunsil coming into this season, the fact they traded Tunsil proves Howard could be available for a team that doesn’t take no for an answer.
- Per Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers LB Anthony Chickillo has been instructed not to report back to the team today following his recent arrest for assault in an incident that involved his girlfriend.
- NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the NFL will look into Chickillo’s situation. Chickillo could be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list. (Dulac)
- Steelers WR James Washington (shoulder) and CB Steven Nelson (groin) both returned to practice this week after resting over the bye. (Brooke Pryor)