“How I look at that stuff, whoever they bring in, that’s just great competition for the room,” Knox said, via Bills Wire. “I love that Jacob (Hollister) is here, I’ve enjoyed getting to know him.”
“I think no matter who they bring in, it just elevates everyone’s level of play. No matter who they bring in, whether it’s a rookie or an All-Pro like Zach, I think it’ll be great just to elevate competition. Iron sharpens iron.”
- Per Newsday’s Al Iannazzone, Jets DC Jeff Ulbrich isn’t concerned about DE Carl Lawson‘s absence from voluntary OTAs so far: “He is a worker. He is just a natural worker, [because he] wants to be great at what he does. He’s an absolute technician.”
Patriots’ HC Bill Belichick was excited about bringing in WR Nelson Agholor for the upcoming season.
“We’ve known Nelson for a while, but having him here you certainly have a little different perspective,” Belichick said, via Glen Farley of the Associated Press. “He’s a smart kid. He’s got a lot of position flexibility and good skill and talent. Like everybody else learning from scratch, (he’s) learning a little bit of a new offense and some things, the way we call things and do things and all that. But (it’s) nothing that he or any other new player can’t handle. It’s just part of the process, but he’s doing well, (and it’s) good to work with him.”
Agholor set a career-high in receiving yards with the Raiders last season but is still looking to continue his growth in New England.
“I believe that your mindset has to be that you want to grow as a player,” Agholor said. “You want to challenge yourself. You want to become better than you were the year before, and that’s why you’re in this business. I don’t put pressure on myself. I just approach it as that’s what’s in front of me — an opportunity to grow as a player and just try to answer that challenge.”
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports Patriots QB Cam Newton suffered a slight bone bruise in practice after hitting his hand on a helmet. The injury is not considered major but he may not be participating further in camp, according to Rapoport.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss says Newton was reportedly joking around afterward in the locker room and a source said things with his hand were “all good.”
- Reiss added that after Newton left, Patriots QB Jarrett Stidham flashed, particularly in comparison to first-round QB Mac Jones, so his chances at making the team might not be dead.
- Patriots LB Terez Hall has been sidelined during OTAs as he continues to recover from ankle surgery, per Reiss.