- Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Broncos HC Vic Fangio said QB Drew Lock will miss a good chunk of time: “Drew’s going to be out anywhere from three to four to five weeks. When it’s your throwing shoulder it’s going to take time to heal it, it’s got to calm down, get his strength back and he can operate at a hundred percent.”
- Broncos QB Brett Rypien will be the new No. 2 behind Jeff Driskel this week given the COVID-19 protocols mean Denver can’t get anyone else into the building until late in the week, per KUSA’s Mike Klis.
- Fangio said Colin Kaepernick didn’t come up as an option in his discussions with GM John Elway. (Troy Renck)
- At receiver, the Broncos will also rely on players on the roster like second-round WR KJ Hamler to replace Courtland Sutton, per Fangio: “I was happy to see Hamler get out there and get going. He’s definitely a good player. Has a great future for us in Denver. Hopefully we’ll be able to play him more now.” (Klis)
- While Broncos RT Elijah Wilkinson had some rough moments against the Steelers, Fangio noted they haven’t yet considered going to Demar Dotson instead: “Elijah had a lot of good plays but then he had plays where he was inconsistent in his sets and protection. But no we haven’t had those thoughts yet.” (Klis)
- Broncos CB Davontae Harris (hamstring) is looking at a one or two-game absence. (Renck)
- Per Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns got LB Mack Wilson, CB Greedy Williams and CB Kevin Johnson back at practice on Monday.
- Browns HC Kevin Stefanski said he’s confident in both Williams and CB Terrance Mitchell as starters and wouldn’t tip his hand as to which one would get the nod in Week 3. (Nate Ulrich)
- Johnson said his lacerated liver is completely healed and he’s not worried about coming back to play. (Cabot)
- Browns hosted LB Cale Garrett and K Matthew McCrane for visits on Monday. (Albert Breer)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor missed Sunday’s game because of complications from a pain-killing shot that was given because of the rib injury he suffered.
- Taylor had been planning to wear a flak jacket during the game and was removed from the injury report because there was no doubt he was going to play at the time.
- Dr. David Chao believes Taylor will miss Week 3 but should be healthy enough to start in Week 4 if the job is still his.
- Chargers CB Desmond King expressed his frustration with his lack of playing time, tweeting, “Is there a reason I’m not on the field?” which was accompanied by a thinking emoji. “Some people want to know.” He also wrote: “I’ll continue to do my job but I’m going to need answers real soon.” (Alden Gonzalez)
- Chargers DE Joey Bosa said he played through a triceps injury he picked up Week 1: “A little tough out there but I managed.” (Jeff Miller)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!