- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero says the Broncos don’t plan to fine or suspend RB Melvin Gordon for his DUI. He already faces a potential three-game suspension from the NFL.
- Pelissero adds Gordon is out this week with strep throat. A suspension would void the $4.5 million in guarantees Gordon has in 2021 but Pelissero isn’t sure if Denver will go that route.
- Broncos G Dalton Risner tells Troy Renck that he will undergo an MRI on shoulder tomorrow: “I am always optimistic. But it’s too soon to tell (on diagnosis). This hurt way worse than any pig wrestling match hurt me.”
Browns HC Kevin Stefanski said after Sunday’s game that Baker Mayfield will remain the team’s starting quarterback as long as he’s healthy.
“As long as he’s healthy,” Stefanski said, via ESPN.com “and I think he will be.”
Stefanski explained that he made the decision to bench Mayfield in order to prevent him from taking any more hits.
“I didn’t want to see him get hit one more time,” said Stefanski. “I know this, I didn’t do a good enough job allowing him to be put in [successful] positions. I have to do way better. I can’t let him get hit like that.”
- According to Josina Anderson, the Browns were not at the point of seriously considering signing a safety or secondary help in general before Week 6’s game.
- However, Anderson says the Browns will monitor the situation, depending on who becomes available.
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur doesn’t expect WR Nelson Agholor to go away once third-round WR Bryan Edwards is healthy, as the veteran Agholor has played will in the rookie’s absence.
- Tafur says the Raiders have no plans to trade TE Foster Moreau even though he’s buried behind veteran TE Jason Witten on the depth chart.
- While Tafur mentions the Raiders did like Jets DL Quinnen Williams as a prospect, trading for him would mean admitting DT Maliek Collins has been a disappointment.