- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Broncos had LT Garett Bolles on the trade block for next to nothing for a good chunk of the offseason.
- According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Chargers DE Uchenna Nwosu sprained the AC joint in his shoulder and is expected to miss about three weeks. The team was initially concerned it was a much more serious injury.
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn says CB Chris Harris could come off of injured reserve this week. (Jeff Miller)
- Regarding RB Austin Ekeler possibly being ready this week, Lynn said: “That would be nice. We certainly miss him, but whenever he’s ready, he’ll be ready.” (Gilbert Manzano)
The Raiders took the lead against the Chiefs on Sunday night with under two minutes left to play. But it proved to be too easy for QB Patrick Mahomes, who led Kansas City down the field and tossed the game-winning touchdown pass to TE Travis Kelce with time to spare.
“I’ve got Pat Mahomes, you give me a minute and a half, and I’m pretty good right there,” Chiefs HC Andy Reid said via the team’s official transcript. “There’s a time and a place for (allowing an opponent to score). That wasn’t the situation. I hoped we had plenty of time. If we didn’t have enough time, I’d be sitting here telling you something different. But we had enough time to get rolling.”
- Chiefs activated OT Martinas Rankin from the COVID-19 list.