Broncos HC Vic Fangio said it’s too early to come to any conclusions about whether QB Drew Lock is pressing in practice.
“I think it’s too early to come to any conclusions one way or the other — even a small conclusion,” Fangio said, via Broncos.com. “[QB coach] Mike [Shula] and [OC] Pat [Shurmur] are working with him on that stuff. I’m not worried about it at this point.”
Fangio also mentioned that the team is looking for more out of LB Alexander Johnson.
“We’re looking for him to be more assignment and technique conscious and be a fundamental player,” Fangio said. “At times, he can stray a little bit from the exact thing the coaches are telling him to do. He fits into that other category. You don’t want the guys that only do what the coaches say, and you don’t want the guys that don’t do what the coaches say. He’s learning towards too much of the other right now in his career. We’ve got to get him more dialed in. When he does, and when we find that happy medium, he’ll even be a lot better.”
Chargers QB coach Shane Day said QB Justin Herbert‘s progression this offseason has been exactly what it needs to be.
“We’re seeing him on the trajectory we want to see him at right now,” Day said, via Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times. “As we started off and [have] gone through these last couple weeks of practice, he’s really, really sped up as far as what he knows. I think it’s all right where it’s supposed to be. It’s been perfect.”
Day added Herbert is very inquisitive and interested in learning the details of the playbook.
“He asks a lot of questions,” Day said. “He wants to know all the whys, you know, what’s the O-line doing, what’s the running back doing, what do the tight ends have? He wants to get the whole picture. I think that’s one of the most impressive things because, when you do that, it takes a lot of time on the front end but then everything starts to slow down for you. I think he’s finally getting to that stage where it’s slowing down.”
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler notes the Chargers looked into a trade for Eagles TE Zach Ertz but have since signed TE Jared Cook.
The Chiefs announced a number of promotions and additions to their front office, including:
- Mike Borgonzi – Assistant General Manager
- Brandt Tilis – Vice President of Football Operations
- Ryan Poles – Executive Director of Player Personnel
- Mike Bradway – Senior Director of Player Personnel
- Chris Shea – Vice President of Football Operations / Team Counsel
- Ryne Nutt – Senior Director of College Scouting
- Tim Terry – Senior Director of Pro Personnel
- Trey Koziol – Assistant Director of College Scouting
- Willie Davis – Senior Personnel Executive
- Pat Sperduto – Senior College Scouting Executive
- Terry Delp – Senior College Scouting Executive
- David Hinson – Senior College Scouting Executive
- Greg Castillo – College Scouting Coordinator / Area Scout
- Jason Lamb – Area Scout
- Cassidy Kaminski – Area Scout
- Ricky Seale – NFS Scout
- Jalen Myrick – Pro Scout
- Kunal Tanna – Player Personnel Assistant
- Anthony McGee – Player Personnel Assistant
- Ryan Weese – Training Camp Player Personnel Intern
- Madison Aponte – Norma Hunt Player Personnel Fellowship
- Ashley Smith – Norma Hunt Player Personnel Fellowship
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!