- Robert Mays of The Athletic lists the Broncos at the No. 3 best landing spot for Jets QB Sam Darnold should he be traded next year.
- OUT for Week 12: S Trey Marshall (shin)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: CB Bryce Callahan (foot), T Demar Dotson (calf, hand), G Graham Glasgow (calf), WR Jerry Jeudy (achilles, ankle), LB Joseph Jones (calf), DT Sylvester Williams (elbow)
“I don’t know who has the best chance (to play). I’m just going to go by the information that I get from trainers, our doctors and watch these young men move on the field (Saturday) and see who can play and help us,” Lynn said, via Gilbert Manzano.
Regarding the Chargers placing DE Melvin Ingram on the injured reserve for a second time this season due to a knee injury, Lynn said it was “best” to give Ingram rest to fully recover.
“It’s been an ongoing thing and Melvin has been fighting through it. He’s a soldier. He’s been trying to play with it, but right now, it’s best he gives that some rest,” said Ingram, via Manzano.
- The Chargers are bringing in P Lachlan Edwards, LS Dan Godsil, K J.J. Molson, and K Cole Tracy for workouts this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- OUT for Week 12: CB Casey Hayward (groin), DE Melvin Ingram (knee), DE Uchenna Nwosu (shoulder, chest)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: RB Kalen Ballage (ankle, calf)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring) has a “pretty good chance” to make his first appearance since Week 5 in Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers. (Herbie Teope)
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said RT Trent Brown (COVID-19) should return to practice on Wednesday. (Paul Gutierrez)
- Gruden mentioned that Raiders DE Clelin Ferrell‘s status for Week 12 is “up in the air” after being activated from the COVID-19 list on Thursday. He added that DE Chris Smith has earned more playing time. (Vic Tafur)
- Prior to the Raiders placing DE Takk McKinley on the injured reserve, Gruden said the edge rusher is a “big part” of their future plans: “Takk McKinley will not be on the trip this week, but he is a big part of our plans for the future. I just don’t know how far in the immediate future that is.” (Jerry McDonald)
- Jeremy Fowler notes that the Raiders decided against waiving McKinley with a failed physical designation.
- As for Raiders’ recently signed DE Vic Beasley, Gruden said they will continue to monitor his progress in their system before deciding on his availability: “I don’t want to say that Vic is going to be ready to go this week, but we’re going to keep looking at him … We’re going to try to teach him our defense and bring him up to speed hopefully he can make a contribution soon.” (McDonald)
- Albert Breer of SI.com lists Raiders assistant director of player personnel DuJuan Daniels as a name to watch in connection to GM opening during the offseason.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: DE Clelin Ferrell (not injury related), S Erik Harris (calf)