- According to KUSA’s Mike Klis, Broncos OL Mike Munchak is in the COVID-19 protocol and was not at practice Wednesday.
- Broncos RB Melvin Gordon apologized for his DUI arrest from earlier this season. He faces a three-game suspension, potentially in 2021, from the NFL: “To put it out, I am sorry I was even in that situation. … Obviously, I try to do my best to walk a straight line and lead by example. I’m upset I put myself in that situation.” (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Broncos designated LB Austin Calitro to return from injured reserve.
Chargers first-round QB Justin Herbert had another sensational start in a win Sunday against the Jaguars, tossing for over 300 yards and adding 66 yards rushing which was the most on the team. However, in the interest of keeping Herbert around for many many years, HC Anthony Lynn would like to see a little less of the latter.
“He put his shoulders down and he ran over someone,” Lynn said via Gilbert Manzano of the Los Angeles Daily News. “The sideline kind of erupted when he did that. That’s the way he leads sometimes. But in this league, I want you to slide. . . . I don’t want to put Justin in a situation where he may have to run the football too many times. I don’t like my quarterback getting hit.”
- The Chargers are hosting free agent TE Matt Sokol for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)
- Per the Athletic’s Vic Tafur, Raiders HC Jon Gruden doesn’t think G Richie Incognito will be able to return from injured reserve this week.
- Gruden is hopeful RT Trent Brown will be able to return to the team facility this week after going on the COVID-19 list.
- He adds first-round CB Damon Arnette is probably a week away from coming off IR while third-round WR Bryan Edwards is doubtful this week despite returning to practice.