- Regarding the speculation that they could be a landing spot for Jets QB Teddy Bridgewater, Broncos HC Vance Joseph said: “That’s news to me.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- James Palmer confirms that the Broncos have no interest in Bridgewater as long as Case Keenum is healthy. Palmer adds that Keenum is their guy and Denver has no interest in Bridgewater as a backup.
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn announced that CB Casey Hayward suffered a hamstring injury on Tuesday, but think he should be okay: “I asked him right away how’d he feel, and he said he thought he would be fine. I think he just kind of felt it a little bit.” (Eric Williams)
Texans HC Bill O’Brien said that had you not already known that QB Deshaun Watson coming back from his ACL tear, you wouldn’t think there was anything wrong with him
“If you didn’t know, you wouldn’t think he had anything,” O’Brien tells Albert Breer. “He did it at Clemson, and he told me when he came back pretty quickly from the Clemson injury, I remember [Clemson head coach] Dabo [Swinney] telling me that it didn’t even seem like he had a knee injury. I feel the same way. We’ve watched him in camp, obviously he’s not getting hit in camp, but that’s the same with every quarterback in the league. I think he’s been good, footwork’s been good, he’s able to plant on the knee, I feel good about him.”
- Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney said of his unresolved contract situation: “I don’t really pay no attention to it. It’s all about football and trying to win games and the Super Bowl. It’s all for one reason: the Super Bowl, not the money.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans gave G Jeff Allen a $959,143 injury settlement upon releasing him last month.