- Troy Renck reports that Broncos DL Adam Gotsis will continue to practice as the Fulton County Georgia district attorney remains undecided about whether to press charges for an alleged rape that occurred five years ago.
- Renck mentions that OLB Shane Ray has everything to play for this season after the Broncos declined to pick up his fifth-year option, even if it means moving on next year.
- According to Renck, fourth-round WR DaeSean Hamilton has the easiest path to seeing snaps this season as a slot receiver.
- While Rich Cimini of ESPN admits that there are some notable similarities between Jets first-round QB Sam Darnold and Mark Sanchez, he cites a comment from Todd McShay who point out that Darnold had a much weaker supporting cast during his time at USC than Sanchez and Matt Leinart had.
- In addition, Cimini believes that Darnold is a “more instinctive player” than Sanchez and proved to be more successful during broken plays.
- Cimini says that if Darnold is given the time to develop, he should have no trouble sticking around longer than Sanchez.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that Patriots WR Phillip Dorsett‘s decision to reduce his roster bonus from $450,000 to $150,000 gives him a chance of securing a roster spot, consider that the team could have released him prior to his roster bonus due on the fifth day of training camp.
- Reiss mentions that Dorsett will be in competition for a roster spot with fellow receivers Malcolm Mitchell, Jordan Matthews, Kenny Britt, Cordarrelle Patterson, Braxton Berrios, Riley McCarron, and Cody Hollister.
- Reiss says that it would consistent with the Patriots’ normal approach to take a look at free agent safeties Kenny Vaccaro, Tre Boston and Eric Reid, depending on how long they’re still available.
- However, Reiss expects the Patriots to stick with the safeties they have on the roster and continue to evaluate practice squad players like David Jones and Damarius Travis for the time being.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!