- Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated reports that one idea “kicked around” in league circles was the Browns trading DE Olivier Vernon and then trying to acquire Falcons OLB Takk McKinley.
- Breer believes that Browns GM Andrew Berry and HC Kevin Stefanski feel they are in a “good spot” at 5-3 overall and that the organization might be a year or two away from being where they want it.
- The Browns also put in a claim for WR Dante Pettis, who was claimed off waivers from the 49ers by the Giants. The Patriots also tried to claim Pettis. (Field Yates)
- The Chiefs entered the intensive protocol and conducted meetings virtually Thursday after a staff member tested positive for the virus. The team was still able to hold its practice. (Nate Taylor)
- Chiefs placed DT Chris Jones on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
In a since-deleted tweet, Ravens WR Marquise Brown complained about his limited usage in Baltimore’s run-focused offense. There’s a number of reasons for why that’s been the case for half the season, including not as many quick-hitting targets in the gameplan, but Ravens QB Lamar Jackson said the responsibility falls on him.
“That’s one of our key players to our offense,” Jackson said via ESPN’s Jamison Hensley. “I want to get him the ball, the easiest way and fastest way we can. I have to do a better job of getting it to him.”
- Ravens OC Greg Roman said he could do a better job of getting Brown involved in the game plan: “Marquise is an excellent player and has a great attitude. He’s a very team-oriented person. It’s really on us as coaches. Some of it is just how this game unfolded. But we definitely want Marquise involved.” (Hensley)
- Roman doesn’t think trading TE Hayden Hurst to the Falcons this offseason has been a big problem with their offense this year: “Hayden was an excellent player but we really like the players we have. Really, for us, a lot of it boils down to execution. That’s really, really I think the common theme for us.” (Hensley)
- Losing LT Ronnie Stanley will be a big loss for the offense, per Roman: “There’s no silver lining there. He’s a really good player and a really good part of our team. At the same time, these things happen. You better not blink. You better adjust.” (Hensley)
- Moving RT Orlando Brown over to replace Stanley could bite the Ravens in the butt later if he plays well and prices himself out of their market to re-sign. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Zrebiec thinks Ravens TE Mark Andrews is next in line for an extension.