The Browns first signed Carlos Hyde in free agency, then used a second-round pick on Nick Chubb and followed that up by signing Duke Johnson to a long-term extension, so they are clearly focused on getting all of their running backs involved this year.
Browns RBs coach Freddie Kitchens confirmed as much as added that he plans to ride the “hot hand” this season.
“If they are having success why would you change?” Kitchens noted, via ClevelandBrowns.com. “Ultimately, all three of those guys can run our running game. Duke can do a few more things in the passing game. Ultimately, we feel like that is a position of strength. Coach [Bill] Parcells taught me a long time ago, do not turn a position of strength into a weakness. You would like to keep it a strength, and we are fortunate that is where we are.”
- Andrew Walker of Colts.com takes a look at four undrafted free agents who are worth watching to make the 53-man roster this year including WR Steve Ishmael, OT Jared Machorro, LB Skai Moore and S George Odum.
- Colts LB Anthony Walker announced that he’s officially cleared the concussion protocol.
- Mike Wells of ESPN mentions that Colts DE John Simon could be a notable roster cut for the Colts this summer.
Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com runs through five things that stood out to him during the team’s offseason workouts.
- According to Wyatt, the Titans’ defense is clearly ahead of the offensive unit at this point in time.
- While QB Marcus Mariota is still learning the new offensive system, Wyatt notes that he looked fast when taking off and has made progress in terms of cleaning up some of his technique issues.
- Wyatt lists rookie receivers Jordan Veasy, Devin Ross, Devin Ross and Deontay Burnett all caught his attention and could sleepers to watch during training camp.
- One position where the Titans look better is at linebacker, according to Wyatt.