Browns OC Todd Haley attributed that HC Hue Jackson’s recent comments about becoming more involved in the team’s offense to it being an emotional game.
“That’s what it sounded like,” Haley said, via ESPN.com. “And we talked about it. This is an emotional game. It is not for everyone. Coaching in the NFL, especially being in that spot, it’s not for everyone.
“It is a high pressure, high-stress job. We just got to keep doing what we know is right.”
Haley added that preparation for Sunday’s game has “been the same as it’s always been” and “we’re all on the same page.”
Jaguars QB Blake Bortles says he’s “at peace” with being the team’s “scapegoat.”
“I’m totally at peace with that,” Bortles told Michael Silver of NFL.com. “I totally understand that I’m like the scapegoat for this team. When we play good, ‘The defense played well, the running back did good, the receivers made great plays.’ And when we play bad, ‘Blake Bortles is the worst quarterback on the face of the planet.’
“And I get it. Obviously, that’s not what I would have chosen for myself. And I’m sure it’ll never stop. But I couldn’t care less. I just want to win football games with this team.”
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said that recently acquired RB Carlos Hyde adds to the team’s “identity” and the way they want to play: “If we can play to the identity that we want to play, then we feel that will help us become a better team and start winning some games. (John Oehser)
- Jaguars CB A.J. Bouye was seen Thursday with a walking boot on his left leg. (Daniel Popper)
- Jaguars CBs A.J. Bouye (calf) and Tyler Patmon (neck) are not traveling with the team to London for their Week 8 game. (Ian Rapoport)
- The Jaguars brought in CB Breon Borders (signed to PS), LB Richie Brown, LB Richard Jarvis (signed to PS), LB Colton Jumper, LB Mike Needham, LB Aaron Wallace and S Jack Tocho for tryouts this week. (Howard Balzer)
- The Houston Texans brought in TE Khari Lee and CB Tony Lippett for a tryout this week. (Howard Balzer)
- The Houston Texans have officially ruled out the following players from Week 8: S Andre Hal (shoulder), CB Aaron Colvin (ankle), OL Zach Fulton (ankle), TE Ryan Griffin (illness), ILB Brian Peters (ankle) and CB Shareece Wright (shoulder/hand/groin)