- Browns’ HC Kevin Stefanski noted that the team will be getting an MRI on Kareem Hunt’s ankle on Monday, adding that Hunt wanted to re-enter the game against the Ravens. (Jake Trotter)
- Browns’ QB Baker Mayfield addressed the status of his injuries after the win on Sunday: “This is the best I’ve felt since Week 2.” (Trotter)
Jets WR Braxton Berrios has carved out a niche for himself as a slot receiver and return specialist in New York. The former sixth-round pick is set to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season but would be down to re-up with the Jets.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that it’s looking increasingly likely that Jets LT Mekhi Becton won’t be able to make it back this season from his Week 1 knee injury. The Jets have just four games left in 2021 and Becton still has to get back into game shape to be able to play.
- Cimini notes the Jets remain publicly hopeful and haven’t ruled Becton out, but he thinks that might be more of a motivational tactic for Becton as opposed to real optimism.
- He adds the Jets could seriously consider Alabama OT Evan Neal with one of their first-round picks. Neal is similarly built as Becton and a little more highly regarded as a prospect, but Cimini points out drafting Neal would be a bit of a luxury pick unless there are serious long-term concerns about Becton.
- The Jets have three receivers, Berrios, Keelan Cole and Jamison Crowder, set to hit free agency, but Cimini would put the highest priority on re-signing Berrios given his contributions as a returner.
- Jets’ HC Robert Saleh said WR Denzel Mims “has to be better” after he was benched for committing back-to-back penalties. (Connor Hughes)
- Saleh was also willing to address the state of the team and their record, as things have clearly not gone their way in 2021: “Does it suck right now? Sure, I feel you. Nobody in this locker room wants to lose football games. But at the same time, I’ve said it before, the path is crystal clear on where this organization needs to go.” (Ralph Vacchiano)