- According to multiple sources, Browns WR Odell Beckham‘s talent has been wasted in a “dysfunctional” offense. (Cabot)
- Sources add the offense is “poorly designed and poorly run,” and won’t be successful unless changes are made in terms of coaching, scheme or play-calling.
- Regarding the report from Jay Glazer that he has told other players and coaches to “come get me” (NFLTR) this year, Beckham said: “I’m not going to talk about any offseason stuff that’s going on right now.” (Keith Britton)
- Baker Mayfield said the team’s medical staff didn’t handle Beckham’s sports hernia correctly and he should’ve had surgery in training camp: “Wasn’t handled right. He’s not able to run as well as he should be able to — and that’s frustrating to him.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Mayfield said of the Fox Sports report: “The first I was hearing of it was [after the game]. The drama is the drama on the outside. We continue to focus on what’s in our building and harp on the important things.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Mayfield clarified his comments on Twitter: “My intentions were not to throw our medical staff under the bus. No I don’t know all the facts about Odell’s injury. It was emotionally answered because I can sense his frustration and I care about my team and putting us in the best position to win,” Mayfield wrote. “Those people within our building know my intentions and where I am coming from. I truly believe that and I apologize to those that don’t deserve the backlash. . . . Today was a good team win. On to the next one.”
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Raiders first-round rookie RB Josh Jacobs has been playing with a broken shoulder blade since late October.
- Rapoport adds Jacobs has had shots after every game to help manage the pain from the injury. He’ll have an MRI after this week to re-evaluate the injury and his status going forward.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said after Sunday’s game that it’s possible Foster Moreau is done for the year. (Scott Bair)
- Adam Schefter reports that Ravens TE Mark Andrews suffered a “contusion” between his knee and thigh and the “indication is it’s nothing major.” Although, the Ravens have a short week to prepare for the Jets on Thursday.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters that neither Andrews nor DB Anthony Levine has a serious injury. Both players said they plan to play Thursday. (Jeff Zrebiec)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!