- Ian Rapoport reports that Texas A&M is trying to hire Chargers assistant DL coach Eric Henderson for a position on their coaching staff.
- Rapoport adds that Henderson is one of nation’s top recruiters and has deep ties in Louisiana and Texas.
- A source tells Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that the Jets were impressed with Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield during their meeting with him at the Senior Bowl.
- According to Mehta, veteran DL Sheldon Richardson wants to test the free agent market this offseason to determine his market value. Seattle would like to re-sign Richardson, but Mehta says that he still has a “soft spot” for the Jets, who would welcome him back if they can make the finances work.
- Mehta suggests 49ers RB Carlos Hyde as someone who could make sense for the Jets in free agency. Although, Mehta admits he isn’t sure if New York would be willing to pay as much as others for him.
- As for the idea of trading for Chiefs QB Alex Smith, Mehta writes that he would be willing to give up a third- or fourth-round pick for him, but a second-rounder would be too much, considering that Smith is 34 and has just one year left on his contract.
- Jim Wyatt writes that no matter what happens with DeMarco Murray this offseason, Derrick Henry is going to be part of a tandem in Tennessee.
- Wyatt mentions that Tajae Sharpe will compete for a roster spot this summer and he likes his chances of remaining with the team.