- On Thursday, Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said that DE Joey Bosa (foot) was limited during practice and could miss Week 1’s game: “He’ll be ready when he’s ready. There’s a possibility he won’t be with us [vs Chiefs].” (Lindsay Jones)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Chargers signed veteran TE Antonio Gates to a one-year, $2.5 million contract that included a $1 million signing bonus.
“He’s a fantastic player, obviously. We all know that,” Guenther added, per Michael Gehlken. “We’re trying to build this organization the right way.”
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said recently signed WR Brandon LaFell will be ready “to make a contribution” quickly and credited his size and blocking ability: “Physical guy. We think he can come in and get ready quickly to make a contribution. He’s got size we like. He’s an excellent blocker, high-effort player, detailed, professional wideout.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Tom Pelissero reports that the Raiders signed WR Brandon LaFell to a one-year, $1.75M deal that included $835,000 guaranteed.
- According to Scott Bair, Raiders RB DeAndre Washington is close to returning from offseason arthroscopic knee surgery.
“No pressure on me,” Conner said, via ESPN.com. “There are a lot of people waiting to see how my performance is going to be. As long as we win, I’m cool. … [People] are not in my shoes. They might think it’s pressure, but to me it’s just football and doing my job. We’ve been here 8-to-5. It’s just my job. The outside world thinks it’s pressure, but it’s just football. It’s always been that way.”