Injuries in 2019 kept Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill under 1,000 yards receiving for the first time since he was a rookie. But Hill was still a pivotal figure in Kansas City’s Super Bowl win. As the Chiefs look to repeat, Hill has individual goals of his own in 2020 that include topping 2,000 yards receiving.
“That’s like a whole other level,” Hill said via the Kansas City Star’s Pete Grathoff. “That’s like Mamba mentality though for me. I’ve got to stay locked in. I’ve got to get the proper rest. I’ve got to put the right things in my body. For the game, it’s going to be easy then. That’s been my main goal and my main thing this year.”
- NFL Media’s Marc Sessler picks Chiefs OT Mitchell Schwartz as his breakout candidate to make their first Pro Bowl in 2020.
- The Athletic’s Stephen Holder lists Colts G Quenton Nelson, LB Darius Leonard, WR T.Y. Hilton, DT DeForest Buckner and TE Jack Doyle as the five most important players on the roster.
- Nelson and Leonard are the heartbeats of the offense and defense, respectively, while Hilton and Buckner are two of the biggest playmakers on their sides of the ball, per Holder. He adds Doyle is the picture of reliability.
- Holder ranks new starting QB Philip Rivers as the 11th most-important player for the Colts.
- In an agent survey by the Athletic’s Ben Standig, the Jaguars were mentioned as a team that didn’t have a great offseason: “Spent a lot of money on Nick Foles. Now, that doesn’t pan out, and I don’t know what they’re doing at QB. Oh, then there’s [DE] Yannick Ngakoue’s contract drama.”
- NFL Media’s Marc Sessler picks Jaguars first-round CB C.J. Henderson as his breakout candidate to make their first Pro Bowl in 2020.