Home Colts AFC Notes: Colts, Dolphins, Jaguars, Patriots
- The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson reports the Dolphins “really, really” want to keep T Ja’Wuan James, but if the price goes too high, Miami will walk away.
- James is free to negotiate with other teams on Monday.
- The Dolphins are also expected to release G Josh Sitton.
- Miami will reportedly have open competitions for both starting guard spots, including the right guard spot manned last year by Jesse Davis.
- Miami will also keep Daniel Kilgore at center, and have a competition between him and Travis Swanson for the starting job.
- Former backup QB Matt Moore spent time with Dolphins front office officials at the NFL Combine and will be shadowing officials going forward as he explores a potential role.
- Jackson reports the Dolphins have had North Dakota State QB Easton Stick in their sights for a while. They sent a scout to watch his practices in August.
- Jackson says with the trade for QB Case Keenum, the Redskins are out as a potential destination for QB Ryan Tannehill.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter doesn’t expect the Jaguars to release QB Blake Bortles today, as he thinks the team will wait until it signs a free-agent quarterback next week.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport echoes that report, saying the Jaguars will wait until they secure a quarterback before moving on from Bortles.