- According to Kevin Bowen of 107.5 The Fan, it is a three-man race for two starting jobs on the Colts defensive line, between DE Al-Quadin Muhammad, DL Tyquan Lewis, and rookie DE Kwity Paye.
- Bowen notes that while Lewis can also play on the interior of the line, it is Muhammad who should not be overlooked.
- Colts’ DE Kemoko Turay is still rehabbing from an ankle injury and according to Bowen, is better on passing downs. As for DE Ben Banogu, he is a step below the aforementioned players.
- Bowen believes that Colts’ DE Isaac Rochell could be a player to watch as well, due to the fact that he has previous starting experience with the Chargers.
According to Dianna Russini of ESPN, there are people around the Jaguars who “strongly believe” HC Urban Meyer plans to use recently signed TE Tim Tebow in a “utility role” similar to Saints QB Taysom Hill.
“There are people in camp right now who strongly believe the reason why Urban Meyer brought Tim Tebow in is not to play tight end, but actually to use him in that utility role, that Taysom Hill role that we see Sean Payton use in New Orleans,” Russini said, via 247Sports. “In terms of comparing the two, we always talk about on this show how much Sean Payton loves Taysom Hill. It’s been very obvious over the years. That same kind of love is what Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer have between each other. It could be a very similar situation, but in terms of football, this is something we could be seeing.”
- Jaguars’ new WR Marvin Jones said Trevor Lawrence is showing his talent in their brief amount of practices at OTAs: “Obviously, it’s been a short time, but obviously the guy’s gifted. You can see it when he throws the ball.” (Michael Giardi)
“How I feel about Nico, I mean this guy doesn’t look like no rookie to me,” Cooks said, via Texans Wire. “You talk about a guy who’s out there that’s coachable and able to pick up things pretty fast. You love to see that from a young guy. The guy’s explosive, natural hands. I look forward to continuing to work with him and seeing him grow.”
- Texans’ DC Lovie Smith mentioned what the team needs to do in order to make much-needed improvements in 2021: “Some things we have to do better. Of course, the first thing as I started talking to the defense, we had nine takeaways last year. You can’t win games that way. From what I’ve seen from our guys, they’re ready to do something about it.” (Aaron Wilson)