- Over The Cap’s Jason Fitzgerald mentions the Colts as a team that makes sense as a potential trade partner for the Eagles with QB Carson Wentz.
- The Colts have a ton of cap space and HC Frank Reich was a key part of Wentz’s best season in 2017 in Philadelphia. Fitzgerald doesn’t think Wentz would cost more than a third-round pick and change in a trade.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports Colts LT Anthony Castonzo avoided major injury based on the initial diagnosis on his injured knee. According to Rapoport, it sounds like he’s dealing with an MCL sprain and will undergo an MRI.
- Reich said of Castonzo: “I don’t feel like it’s the worst case scenario.” (Stephen Holder)
- He confirmed on Monday it’s a sprained MCL. The team still doesn’t know the exact timeline but he will likely miss some time. (Joel Erickson)
- Reich is glad doctors caught the cancer in P Rigoberto Sanchez early: “We’re just thankful that they caught it before it spread… Want to reiterate how fortunate we are to have him as a teammate and a friend.” (Holder)
- Colts second-round RB Jonathan Taylor was a high-risk contact and should be able to be activated from the COVID-19 list Thursday if he continues to test negative. (Zak Keefer)
- Colts DT DeForest Buckner is also a close contact and could come off the list Saturday, along with DL Denico Autry.
- Other reinforcements include C Ryan Kelly, who Reich says could return from injury this week: “Ryan’s making good progress. We’re fairly optimistic, but we’ll have to see how this week goes.” (Erickson)
- Colts LB Matthew Adams won’t be suspended for the punches that led to his ejection but the NFL will review it for a potential fine. (Tom Pelissero)
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports the Jaguars plan to stand pat with the coaching staff for now after firing GM Dave Caldwell.
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone thinks the job opening in Jacksonville will be one of the most attractive in the league: “I think a lot of things are cleaned up, Shad [Khan] has said multiple times whatever you need from the support standpoint that’s never been an issue. And when you look at the dead money and where we are now is good.” (John Reid)
- Marrone said Jaguars third-round DT DaVon Hamilton will go on injured reserve but his knee injury isn’t as bad as previously thought. (Michael DiRocco)
- ESPN’s Sarah Barshop writes the Texans should look to sign WR Will Fuller to an extension before the end of the season so they can focus on reworking WR Brandin Cooks‘ deal.
- Cooks has no guaranteed money left on his deal, so Houston could lower his cap hit and get him some guaranteed cash in a win-win for both sides, per Barshop.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!