- According to Zak Keefer with the Indianapolis Star, the Colts talked to former C Jeff Saturday about joining the team as an offensive line coach. Saturday declined for the time being: “Just not right now. If I’m all in, I’m all in.”
- According to the Athletic’s Stephen Holder, LB Justin Houston‘s deal with the Colts has a $1 million base salary and $13 million roster bonus in 2019, all fully guaranteed.
- In 2020, Houston has a base salary of $8 million, $3.5 million of which is guaranteed, and a guaranteed $1 million roster bonus.
- Houston has cap hits of $14 million and $9 million in 2019 and 2020.
- Per Holder, another team was interested in Houston and drove up the price a little.
- Mississippi State S Johnathan Abram met with the Colts before his pro day. (Tom Pelissero)
- Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald met with the Colts Wednesday night. (Mike Garafolo)
- Albert Breer says he’s keeping his eye on an offensive line or possibly a quarterback for the Jaguars at No. 7 overall.
- Breer tosses out Jawaan Taylor (Florida), Andre Dillard (Washington State) or Jonah Williams (Alabama) as some offensive linemen that could make sense for Jacksonville.
- According to Breer, the Jaguars have done “a ton of work on this year’s quarterbacks going back to the fall, and could be lying in the weeds on one.“
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!