- Per Joel Erickson of the Indianapolis Star, Colts HC Frank Reich said TE Trey Burton and DT Sheldon Day will practice this week. Both are eligible to return from injured reserve.
- Colts CB Rock Ya-Sin is also set to return after missing the past two weeks with an illness.
- Reich noted the Colts have not ruled WR Parris Campbell (knee) out from a potential return later this season and are still deciding if he’ll need surgery. (Andrew Walker)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said he anticipates continuing to split the reps at left guard between Max Scharping and Senio Kelemete: “Senio is playing good. Max is doing some good things, too.” (Aaron Wilson)
Titans K Stephen Gostkowski started his Tennessee tenure by missing three of his six field goal attempts — a horrendous number for a modern kicker. But Gostkowski had six more attempts in Sunday’s win against the Vikings and nailed them all, including the game-winner which was his third in as many weeks. He credited a shift back to no socks with his improvement in accuracy.
“I practiced all summer without them,” Gostkowski said via Terry McCormick of Titan Insider. “It’s a little like baseball. When you’re in a slump you want to try something else and you get on a roll. I think my experience playing multiple sports kind of helps deal with a little bit of a bind. In a sport like baseball, you strike out or get embarrassed, you turn the page. …We’re only three games in and I’ve got a long way to go and I’ve a lot of work to do, but I’m excited to help the Titans be 3-0.”
- According to Paul Kuharsky, Titans OLB coach Shane Bowen is in the COVID-19 protocol.
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said Bowen still isn’t with the team and did not travel with the team to Minnesota this past weekend. (Erik Bacharach)
- Tennessee worked out Anthony Gordon, Chris Lacy, and Dalton Schoen. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Titans hosted Maurice Smith for a visit in recent days. (Aaron Wilson)