- Robert Mays of The Athletic lists the Colts at the No. 1 best landing spot for Jets QB Sam Darnold should he be traded next year.
- OUT for Week 12: LB Bobby Okereke (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: C Ryan Kelly (neck), G Quenton Nelson (back, ankle), WR Zach Pascal (knee, foot), QB Philip Rivers (toe), LB Anthony Walker (ribs), S Khari Willis (ribs, shoulder)
Texans OC Tim Kelly said they are “absolutely not” abandoning their rushing attack offensively and would like to generate “better results” with the ground game.
“Abandon the run? Absolutely not. We’re going to continue to try to do what’s best for the team. We are going to continue to try to attack defenses. It’s no secret we would like to have better results with rushing statistics,” said Kelly, via Aaron Wilson.
- According to Aaron Reiss, the Texans had “no issue” with recently waived WR Kenny Stills and viewed him as a player who was “respected in the locker room.” However, Reiss notes that Stills was not receiving playing time and he will now get the opportunity to find a new organization to fulfill his needs.
- Regarding the Texans’ decision to waive WR Kenny Stills, TexansCap notes that Houston would receive $2.05 million in cap space if he is claimed off of the waiver wire, which can be rolled over to 2021.
- Reiss adds that Stills’ release could mean rookie WR Isaiah Coulter earns more playing time.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says there’s some talk around the league that the Texans’ apparent instability at the top with owner Cal McNair and EVP Jack Easterby could cause some top general manager and head coach candidates to shy away from Houston.
- However, the presence of QB Deshaun Watson is a strong plus in Houston’s favor.
- The Texans are hosting free agent DB Manny Patterson for a visit. (Albert Breer)
“Cautiously optimistic about David Long making it off Covid list. Was able to watch today. Needs to pass third phase of ramp-up Saturday. Large part of plan going forward,” said Vrabel, via Paul Kuharsky.
Regarding the Titans signing veteran OT Marshall Newhouse to their practice squad, Vrabel said Newhouse will do “whatever it takes” to contribute.
“I know he’s a pro and has played in a lot of games. I introduced myself to him and he’d do whatever it takes,” said Vrabel, via Turron Davenport.
Vrabel mentioned that he is glad to have P Brett Kern back after recovering from a wrist injury that landed him on the injured reserve.
“Good to have him back. Hopefully he can get back to the level that he was punting at before. You know how I feel about Brett — he’s one of our better players. He can help us win,” said Vrabel, via Erik Bacharach.
- OUT for Week 12: WR Adam Humphries (concussion), CB Adoree’ Jackson (knee), TE MyCole Pruitt (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 12: C Ben Jones (knee), G Rodger Saffold (ankle)