- James Walker of ESPN expects Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas, Jeffrey Linkenbach and fourth-round rookie Jamil Douglas to compete for the two starting guard positions.
- Walker does not see Miami making any significant free agent additions at this time, barring an injury.
- CB Jamar Taylor is expected to start at the No. 2 cornerback opposite of Brent Grimes.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN only sees a “five percent” chance of the Jets trading DE Muhammad Wilkerson.
- Cimini does not expect fourth-round rookie QB Bryce Petty to play immediately, but could see him coming in for the final two games of the season if the Jets are having a poor season.
- According to Cimini, WR Jeremy Kerley will likely start at slot receiver over second-round rookie WR Devin Smith.
- Cimini could see the Jets implementing a 4-3 defensive scheme against run oriented teams.
- Steelers signed seventh-round S Gerod Holliman to a four-year deal.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN believes G Andy Levitre is getting his “last chance” in 2015 to prove he is worth the contract he received in 2013.
- Kuharsky writes that Jeremiah Poutasi and Byron Bell will compete for the starting right tackle spot.
- Kuharsky expects CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson to start as the nickel corner, due to the arrival of CB Perrish Cox.
- According to Kuharsky, DE Daquan Jones is the most likely player on the Titans to have a breakout season in 2015, with ILB Zach Brown, WR Justin Hunter and RB Bishop Sankey being other possibilities.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!