- Since the Dolphins only have 58 players on the roster currently, the Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero expects them to add a larger-than-usual number of undrafted free agents to fill out the roster.
- The Dolphins visited with Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson on campus. (Tom Pelissero)
- Grand Valley State LB Tyree Horton will attend the Dolphins’ local pro day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Florida State DT Fred Jones will also attend. (Wilson)
“I love it. What’s not to love about it?” Darnold said via Brian Costello. “Le’Veon’s a great player. He’s very instinctful, too. He’s very quarterback friendly, which I’ve noticed watching his tape a little bit.”
- Darnold says Bell’s rapport with Ben Roethlisberger stood out to him: “Whenever Big Ben was back there, as a quarterback you sense when time runs out and you start looking for guys and Le’Veon’s always really friendly and right there in your vision or he was always in Ben’s vision.” (Costello)
- Darnold says Bell will help him out as a “security blanket” when he starts to feel pressure. (Costello)
- Youngstown State C Vitas Hrynkiewicz will work out for the Jets. (Aaron Wilson)
- Hrynkiewicz will also attend the team’s local pro day. (Connor Hughes)
- Michigan State CB Justin Layne visited the Jets Wednesday. (Josh Norris)
- The Jets reportedly have a fourth-round grade on Rutgers CB Blessuan Austin. (Tony Pauline)
Titans TE Delanie Walker says he’s ready to prove in 2019 he’s not too old or too injured to play.
“This is going to be my motivation year,” Walker said, via Jim Wyatt of the team’s official website. “I always say that I am motivated every year, but coming off an injury like that and then me being 35 [in August] going into next season, I’ll be extra motivated. I feel like this is the year I need to show everyone I came back from an injury, I’m 35, and I am still the best tight end in the NFL.”