Flores added that he wants that game to be “a dress rehearsal for what game No. 1’s going to look like” in the regular season, which implies Fitzpatrick may be the favorite to open the season as the Dolphins’ starter.
“I’m here,” Fitzpatrick said, via the Miami Herald. “Whatever coach wants to do. Whenever he wants to put me in or not put me in, I’m ready to play. Whatever he wants, I’m here for.”
- Charles Robinson tossed out the Dolphins along with the Patriots as potential ownership groups to watch for Jay-Z, assuming the recent report of him nearing a deal to be part owner of an NFL team is true.
Patriots HC Bill Belichick issued the following statement regarding the news that the NFL has conditionally reinstated WR Josh Gordon.
“For the past eight months, Josh’s situation has been entirely a league matter. When Josh returns to our program, we will evaluate the entire situation and do what we feel is best for Josh and the team,” said Belichick, via Mike Reiss.
- Charles Robinson tossed out the Patriots along with the Dolphins as potential ownership groups to watch for Jay-Z, assuming the recent report of him nearing a deal to be part owner of an NFL team is true.
- Although Scott Bair writes that the Raiders plan on taking their entire roster to their Week 3 preseason game in Winnipeg, Canada, HC Jon Gruden doesn’t expect “many established starters” to play “much, if at all,” in their remaining preseason games.
- Bair adds that the Raiders’ evaluation of the playing surface in Winnipeg’s Investors Group Field could play a factor in deciding Week 3’s availability.
- Carr believes Raiders’ first-round RB Josh Jacobs is “very advanced” in the passing game and has been “very impressive” this offseason: “Very advanced [as a receiver]. I think everyone knows that you have to be really good in the passing game to play in coach Gruden’s offense as a running back,” said Carr, via Tafur. “He’s got to be able to do that and he can. I think, coming in, we knew how good of a runner he was, we knew he was tough and could block… He’s been really impressive.”
- Gruden said of G Richie Incognito: “I’m really pleased with him and what he has meant to Kolton Miller. He has been a steadying force, a real pro’s pro behind the scenes. He and Trent Brown have come in here and given us a lot more than just good play on the line.” (Scott Bair)