Dolphins HC Brian Flores wasn’t willing to commit to a starting quarterback following Thursday’s preseason game, but he admitted that Josh Rosen‘s play “makes the decision harder.”
“[Rosen] played well,” Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. “And that makes the decision harder. I think that’s pretty clear and evident. But again there are other things at play here.”
- According to Armando Salguero, recently signed DT Robert Nkemdiche doesn’t appear to be in any sort of football shape, as he could not complete pregame gassers and stopped at the 53-yard line.
- Regarding the reports that mentioned that the Patriots offered the Redskins a 2020 first-round pick for LT Trent Williams, Field Yates reports that New England is not and has not been in the business of trading for Williams. According to Yates, the Patriots did not offer a first-round pick for Williams and he is not on their radar.
- Jim McBride reports that Patriots DB Brandon King is likely out for the season with a torn quadriceps.
- According to McBride, Patriots TE Ben Watson is in the concussion protocol.
- Rob Demovsky says indications are that Packers WR Allen Lazard is expected to be okay and there’s no long-term concern for him after leaving Thursday’s game.
- The NFL officially suspended Titans LT Taylor Lewan on Friday for the first four games of the 2019 season. (NFLTR)
- Joel Corry notes that Lewan’s suspension will cost him $3,411,765 of his $14.5 million base salary.
- According to Corry, Titans are also required to recoup 4/17ths of Lewan’s $2.2 million signing bonus proration allocated to 2019 ($517,647) for a total loss of $3,929,412.