Jaguars RB James Robinson said he wants to “make the most” of his opportunities going forward.
“I’ve got to go out and control what I can control and once I get my opportunities, make the most of it,” said Robinson, via Garry Smits of the Florida-Times Union.
“[With Hyde], it’s kind of like my relationship with Chris Thompson,” Robinson said. “He’s an older guy, he’s been in the league … he’s given me a lot of pointers.”
Robinson added that he’s getting along well with Jaguars’ first-round RB Travis Etienne and the rookie frequently asks questions.
“It’s great … he asks questions all the time,” Robinson said. “He’s a good guy to talk to.”
Robinson mentioned that Jagaurs’ new HC Urban Meyer approached him about improving his “knee drive” while running.
“When he first came in he talked about it and ever since March, it’s all I’ve been working on,” said Robinson.
- NJ.com’s Mike Kaye named the Jaguars as a potential suitor for Eagles TE Zach Ertz. He points out Jacksonville has a massive hole at tight end and Ertz probably wouldn’t want to sign with them should Philadelphia end up releasing him.
- Jaguars HC Urban Meyer said QB Gardner Minshew and LG Andrew Norwell were given personal days off from Thursday’s practice and are expected to return on Monday. (Michael DiRocco)
- The Jaguars have hired former Chargers area scout Regis Eller as its new Director of Pro Scouting. (Neil Stratton)
- Jacksonville also hired former Chargers scout Tom McConnaughey as a national scout. (Neil Stratton)
“Rex has been a good football player during his career,” Culley said, via Aaron Wilson. “Basically, when there are good football players out there and you have a chance to be able to bring them and be a part of what you’re doing and what you’re trying to build, you do that.”
Culley points out that Texans GM Nick Caserio has “some background” with Burkhead given their time together with the Patriots.
“Obviously, Nick had some background with him. We all know what he’s been in this league and we had an opportunity to get him to add to the mix and we added him to the mix. I’m happy to have him here with us and to get right in the mix of what we’re doing with the competition at that position also.”
- Texans RB Rex Burkhead‘s one-year, $1.5 million deal includes a $125,000 signing bonus and a base salary of $1.125 million. He can earn up to $250,000 in per-game bonuses and $14,705 in per-game active. (Aaron Wilson)
Titans QB Ryan Tannehill said he has not been approached by the organization regarding a restructured contract.
“That’s up to Jon (Robinson),” Tannehill said, via Ben Arthur of the Tennessean. “He’s going to have to figure that out if that’s something we want to do as an organization. I don’t know. It’s above my pay grade. If he comes to me, then we’ll have that conversation then.”
Tannehill said they will find “creative” ways to get Titans WR A.J. Brown the ball, while there is a big opportunity for WRs Josh Reynolds, fourth-round Dez Fitzpatrick, and sixth-round Racey McMath to earn premier roles.
“A.J. is not going to sneak up on anybody,” Tannehill said. “Everybody kind of knows the talent he has and what he brings to the table. It’s going to be a big opportunity for the other guys we have to find opportunities to get open. A.J. will continue to do his thing. We’ll have to be creative in finding ways to make sure he gets his opportunities.”