- ESPN’s Rich Cimini says with $102 million in cap space and pressure to make the playoffs, GM Mike Maccagnan could depart from some of his usual tenets in free agency, like paying a premium for a RB like Le’Veon Bell.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss says the Patriots would welcome WR Phillip Dorsett back in the same role he played this past season, but if another team offers him starting money, they’ll let him walk.
- Reiss believes the Patriots will end up releasing DE Adrian Clayborn, who was inactive the final two games of 2018 and has a $5.9 million cap charge in 2019.
- If New England lets K Stephen Gostkowski go, Reiss thinks the Patriots could target Jets K Jason Myers.
- The Patriots interest in Cardinals QB Josh Rosen will hinge on how they evaluate him as a player and leader, Reiss reports.
- Former Chiefs LB Justin Houston has an excellent relationship with Patriots assistant Joe Kim, which could make him an option for New England. (Field Yates)
- NESN’s Zack Cox believes DL will be a top priority for the Patriots in free agency, and thinks they could look at signing one or more of DE Henry Anderson, DT Timmy Jernigan, DL Malik Jackson, DL Mike Pennel, DT Christian Covington, DT Brandon Mebane, DT Darius Philon, DT Corey Liuget, DE Allen Bailey or DT Ndamukong Suh.
- According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, OT Greg Robinson‘s extension has a $5.5 million base salary with a $500,000 signing bonus. Robinson also has a $100,000 workout bonus, $400,000 total in per-game bonuses each time he’s active on gameday, and up to $500,000 in monthly weigh-in bonuses from April through December.
- Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot says the Browns now have a multitude of options with the No. 17 overall pick in the first round, and could look at a DT like Clemson’s Christian Wilkins, Houston’s Ed Oliver or Mississippi State’s Jeffery Simmons.
- Cabot says WR Breshad Perriman will test the open market to set his price, as he and the Browns aren’t close on a deal. There is a lot of interest on both sides for Perriman to return, though.
- The Browns are still waiting on word from the NFL about RB Kareem Hunt‘s suspension. If Hunt’s suspension is lengthy, they’ll be less likely to trade RB Duke Johnson.
- Wyoming S Andrew Wingard could be a potential late-round target for the Browns, who met with him at the Shrine game.