A league source tells Rich Cimini that Jets CEO Christopher Johnson is “enamored” with Mike McCarthy, whose offensive background is appealing to New York.
Cimini says it will take a lot for the Jets to land McCarthy and there are concerns about uprooting his family in Green Bay.
According to Cimini, it would not be surprising if the Jets also interviewed Baylor HC Matt Rhule while they’re in Texas for their meeting with Kris Richard.
Cimini hears that the Jets will consider the possibility of trading DL Leonard Williams for a second-round pick or better this offseason.
- Manish Mehta reports that the Jets are “very very very very very interested” in possibly hiring USC OC Kliff Kingsbury.
Reiss mentions that Flowers could end up having a similar type of free agency experience as Dont’a Hightower had two years ago.
- Following Sunday’s loss to the Chargers, Ravens HC Jim Harbaugh made it clear that Lamar Jackson is the team’s starting quarterback moving forward: “Lamar is our QB going forward.” (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh said Joe Flacco will have a market this offseason: “Joe can still play… Joe’s going to have a market, a lot of teams are going to want Joe. … Joe Flacco is a great talent, he’s a better person, he’s the best QB in the history of the Ravens… he’s going to be just fine.” (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- Regarding his future in Baltimore, Harbaugh said: “I don’t believe so…There’s a Bible verse that says, ‘make no oath.’ …We’ll see what God has in store, but I have every expectation of being here as long as the Ravens want me here…I do believe that’s what they want.” (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- Ravens long-time OLB Terrell Suggs reiterated that he wants to play next year and understands that it might not be with the Ravens. (Jeff Zrebiec)