- Tony Pauline reports that the Jets are “very high” on Washington TE Drew Sample.
- Jay Glazer of The Athletic believes that Jets’ new HC Adam Gase will be a “really good fit” with second-year QB Sam Darnold, given how well Gase bonds with his quarterbacks.
- Patriots S Patrick Chung‘s three-year extension includes a base salary of $12.9 million and a $4 million signing bonus. His annual salaries will come out to $1.1 million, $2.9 million, and $1.9 million over the next three years. (Mike Reiss)
- The Patriots signed TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins to a one-year contract includes a base salary of $805,000, a $50,000 signing bonus, $2,500 per-game roster bonuses, and carries a cap number of $707,500. (Nick Underhill)
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski‘s two-year deal includes a $5.5 million in guarantees and a $2.4 million signing bonus. He will make fully guaranteed base salaries of $1.1 million and $3.5 million over the next two years. (Nick Underhill)
Ravens TE Hayden Hurst feels like last year was an “average” season for him and added that he is fully recovered from the broken foot he dealt with.
“For me, I think it was just average,” Hurst said, via Ben Breiner of The State. “I give myself a C. I think I’m capable of a lot more. But the foot thing kind of held me back.”
Hurst added that a big part of his learning experience as a rookie was to “figure things out” on his own.
“I don’t know if you ever can really prepare for your rookie year,” Hurst said. “You don’t know what to expect. You get some guidance from older guys, but you’ve got to kind of learn, figure things out on your own.”