- According to Joel Erickson, Colts WR Deon Cain will likely benefit the most in terms of a snap increase following WR Devin Funchess‘ broken collarbone.
- Colts placed WR Devin Funchess on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Colts waived WR Marcus Johnson from injured reserve with a settlement. (NFLTR)
Jaguars LB Myles Jack apologized for his ejection during Sunday’s game against the Chiefs.
“First and foremost, I have to apologize to my team and the city of Jacksonville because that is not how we conduct ourselves in any way,” Jack said, via Pro Football Talk. “In the heat of the moment, I just felt like when Sammy Watkins ran a route that was not a route and came and hit me underneath my chin, I put my hands up and he stood over me and said something to me so I pushed him and next thing I know, someone pushed me from behind. I did not see any flags thrown so at that point I felt like I needed to defend myself from the altercation that was going on after the play. At the end of the day, I apologize for that and it will not happen again.”
Jaguars QB Nick Foles had surgery Monday morning to repair a broken left clavicle suffered in his Jacksonville debut against the Chiefs Sunday. It’s the second time Foles has suffered a broken collarbone in his career, with the first injury limiting him to eight games with the Eagles in 2014. Foles doesn’t yet have a timeline for this injury.
″Same side. Different place on the collarbone,″ Foles said via Jacksonville.com’s John Reid. ″The one in 2014 didn’t need surgery. It was a hairline fracture, so it was a different situation. This was a complete crack. We don’t have a time span, but I’m going to do everything I can to get back as quickly as I can to where I’m ready to roll. I knew when I hit the ground something was wrong. I felt it.″
- Chris Mortensen says for now the Jaguars are happy to proceed with sixth-round QB Gardner Minshew as the starter.
- Jaguars WR D.J. Chark said the rookie was “fearless” in his debut in relief of Foles, breaking the franchise record for completion percentage in the process: “We were upset Nick was out but there was never a point when we said, ‘dang … now we have to go with Gardner.’ We knew we had to elevate our play and make him feel comfortable and he made us feel comfortable.” (Garry Smits)
- Jack likely will not be suspended for his ejection Sunday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Jack’s new deal includes a $12 million signing bonus and a 2019 cap hit of $4.4 million with no guaranteed money past 2021. (Michael DiRocco)
- According to Erik Bacharach of the Nashville Tennesseean, Titans HC Mike Vrabel wouldn’t rule out G Jamil Douglas keeping the starting right guard job after his performance Sunday.
- Vrabel adds projected starting RG Kevin Pamphile will be re-evaluated Wednesday for his knee injury.
- Titans signed WR Kalif Raymond to their practice squad. (NFLTR)