- The Athletic’s Zak Keefer writes that while the Colts have been linked to potential veteran quarterbacks like Tom Brady and Philip Rivers that could be available this offseason, he doesn’t think it fits the organizational strategy.
- Keefer points out Colts GM Chris Ballard is methodical and prefers to build long-term rather than rely on short-term solutions, meaning if the Colts try and upgrade QB Jacoby Brissett this offseason, the odds are it’s through the draft.
- Former Colts QB Andrew Luck‘s father, XFL commissioner Oliver Luck, doesn’t foresee his son returning to the NFL anytime soon: “I didn’t notice any hankering from him to get back on the field (this past year).” (Adam Schefter)
- Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans HC Bill O’Brien didn’t know if Houston would have WR Will Fuller and CB Johnathan Joseph against the Chiefs this week: “I don’t know yet, I really don’t. We all want to have a 100 percent healthy team. I think it’s too early in the week.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that he expects Titans RB Derrick Henry to seek a contract close to Rams RB Todd Gurley or Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott at the top of the market.
- Whether or not Tennessee will pay him that remains to be seen, and Breer adds the Titans could be leery of the franchise tag at $12-$13 million because of the leverage it gives Henry to sit out.
- Per ESPN’s Turron Davenport, Titans HC Mike Vrabel said WR Kalif Raymond has cleared the concussion protocol.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!