- TCU DT Ross Blacklock has formal interviews with 21 teams scheduled at the Combine, including the Colts. (Joel Erickson)
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Texans want to be proactive about negotiating long-term extensions for players like LT Laremy Tunsil, QB Deshaun Watson and ILB Zach Cunningham.
- Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller writes the Texans would like to find a more complete running back to improve the running back position over 1,000-yard rusher Carlos Hyde.
- Baylor DL James Lynch met with the Texans at the Combine. (Thor Nystrom)
“(Brady) still can play,” Henry said via Paul Kuharsky. “Obviously, age doesn’t matter for him, he’s still playing at a high level, but my question would be. ‘Why ain’t Ryan good enough, you know?’ Speaking for everyone on the offense, we fed off of him. Ryan Tannehill is our quarterback and went to the AFC championship, why would we not want Ryan back?”
- Sources tell Jason La Canfora that the Titans are prepared to use both the franchise and transition tag, if possible this offseason.
- La Canfora mentions that the Titans’ primary objective would be to get a multi-year extension done with QB Ryan Tannehill, which would allow them to tag both RB Derrick Henry and RT Jack Conklin. According to La Canfora, keeping Conklin is very much a priority for the Titans.
- Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller writes the Titans would like to add a big pass rusher to pair across from LB Harold Landry in the draft.
- Vanderbilt RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn met with the Titans at the Combine. (Erik Bacharach)