Jaguars sixth-round rookie QB Gardner Minshew has been a revelation since stepping in for injured QB Nick Foles in the season opener. However, Foles is nearing his return from a broken collarbone and Jacksonville didn’t fork over a massive deal to sign him this offseason with the plan of sitting him on the bench.
“It’s something I can’t really worry about right now,” Minshew said via NFL Media. “Every half-way competitive guy ever, you want to be the guy out there helping your team win, there is no doubt about that. But at the end of the day, we just want to win, and whatever we’ve got to do to make it happen, we’re going to do it.”
- Minshew was added to the injury report on Wednesday due to right shoulder soreness. He was, however, able to put in a full practice on Wednesday and took 100 percent of the reps, according to Mark Long.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that despite reports to the contrary, the Texans weren’t interested in Jets RB Le’Veon Bell at the deadline.
- According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Texans QB Deshaun Watson had a “minor setback” in his recovery from being kicked in the eye during last Sunday’s game, which remains swollen.
- Watson is still expected to play this week in London against the Jaguars but he won’t appear at tonight’s World Series game as he rests his eye and keeps it out of the bright lights.
- Texans S Tashaun Gipson is viewed as a game-time decision this week, per HC Bill O’Brien. (Aaron Wilson)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Titans received trade calls inquiring about CB Adoree’ Jackson at the deadline.