- According to KUSA’s Mike Klis, Broncos LB Joe Jones is seeking a second opinion on his triceps injury.
- Jones is expected to miss a few weeks but he may not need to have surgery. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Broncos DE Billy Winn initially thought his injury was a dislocated elbow instead of a torn tendon. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Broncos RB Theo Riddick said he was surprised when the Lion’s released him last week: “I was to be honest with you but it’s the name of the game. It was no shock to me but it sparked a fire in me. And it’s lit.” (Klis)
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio said Riddick’s signing isn’t necessarily a bad sign for RB Devontae Booker‘s roster chances: “I don’t know if it puts any more pressure on any one guy. Obviously when you add a quality player to a group, it’s to be noticed. But when it comes down to picking the final team, it’s pretty fluid as to — it’s pretty etched stone you have to have these 40 guys meaning position-wise, numbers at a position. Then your last 10-13 guys is based up fit and ability and future and all that.” (Jhabvala)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that one of the biggest battles in Chargers training camp is at No. 2 corner, where Trevor Williams and Michael Davis have both looked sharp.
- Breer says he doesn’t see much changing between the Chargers and Melvin Gordon, as the team is comfortable with their offer of around $10 million and there’s not a team in desperate need to spark a trade.
- Breer notes that OL Forrest Lamp appears to finally be ready for a starting spot, however, that’s counter-balanced by the absence of OT Russell Okung following his medical situation.
- Breer mentions the Chargers feel strong about their depth at linebacker, with converted S Kyzir White, second-year DE/OLB Uchenna Nwosu and fourth-round LB Drue Tranquill shining during camp.
“He’s missed quite a bit,’’ Reid said, via Adam Teicher of ESPN. “He’s missed a lot of plays. It’s been great for these other guys. (Carlos Hyde) has done a nice job. He’s got a lot of reps and he’s taking advantage of them.”