- Broncos executive VP John Elway said of Emmanuel Sanders‘ knee injury and status for Week 7’s game: “We’ll see. Emmanuel is a tough guy. … We’ll have to wait and see and hopefully he’s there, but we’ll have to see how things go this week.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- According to James Palmer, Sanders is expected to practice on Tuesday and there has been optimism he plays Thursday.
“I don’t think it has anything to do with Melvin Gordon,” Lynn said, via the Los Angeles Times. “We’ve got to open up more running lanes. . . . Everybody’s got to be accountable for the man in, and those runners they really don’t have a chance. So, we’ve got to do a better job up front.”
- Chargers signed TE Stephen Anderson and C Cole Toner to their practice squad.
- Chargers placed RB Detrez Newsome on the practice squad injured list.
Chiefs HC Andy Reid explained that their “time of possession is way out of whack” on offense.
“Our time of possession is way out of whack,” Reid said, via the Kansas City Star. “So, when given opportunities to stay on the field, we’ve got to make sure we do that offensively and get off the field defensively.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Chiefs CB Kendall Fuller suffered what is believed to be a slight thumb fracture in Sunday’s game.
- Chiefs re-signed WR Gehrig Dieter to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Chiefs released DT Braxton Hoyett from their practice squad.