Broncos OC Rich Scangarello believes QB Joe Flacco‘s comments on the team needing to be “more aggressive” were just him expressing frustration after a tough loss to the Colts.
“You’d have to ask what Joe meant behind that comment, but when I see Joe’s comments, I just saw a quarterback that had lost a game and he was very frustrated with how it went,” said Scangarello, via Mike Klis.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Broncos tried out punter Ryan Anderson.
- Broncos placed QB Joe Flacco LB Corey Nelson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Broncos promoted QB Brett Rypien and ILB Josh Watson to their practice roster.
- The Chargers also have WR Geremy Davis (hamstring) listed as questionable.
- Chiefs DT Chris Jones (groin) practiced on Thursday for the first time since sustaining his groin injury in Week 5. (Adam Caplan)
- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle), T Eric Fisher (groin), and DE Alex Okafor (ankle) for Week 9’s game and list DE Frank Clark (neck), CB Kendall Fuller (thumb), DT Chris Jones (groin), and QB Patrick Mahomes (knee) as questionable.
- The Oakland Raiders officially list DT P.J. Hall (shoulder), WR Dwayne Harris (foot), S Erik Harris (illness), C Rodney Hudson (ankle), T Andre James (ankle), and DE Josh Mauro (groin) as questionable for Week 9.