- According to NFL Media’s James Palmer, Broncos LB Bradley Chubb (ACL) won’t participate in OTAs but should be back for training camp.
- Palmer adds Broncos CB Bryce Callahan (foot) and OT Ja’Wuan James (knee) are expected to be healthy and ready for OTAs.
- The Broncos are expected to meet with the agents for their pending free agents after the Combine, including CB Chris Harris, DT Shelby Harris and DE Derek Wolfe. (Palmer)
- The Broncos had formal interviews with the following prospects at the Combine: Colorado WR Laviska Shenault Jr., Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk, Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III, Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb, TCU WR Jalen Reagor, Alabama OT Jedrick Wills, Iowa OT Tristan Wirfs, USC OT Austin Jackson, Louisiana-Lafayette OL Robert Hunt and Oregon G Shane Lemieux. (Mike Klis)
- The Broncos also had a formal interview with Ohio State RB J.K. Dobbins. (Klis)
Since the initial report back during the regular season, the buzz connecting Patriots QB Tom Brady to the Chargers has only grown stronger. With the decision to move on from Philip Rivers, the door is seemingly wide open for Brady in Los Angeles if he chooses. Chargers GM Tom Telesco can’t say anything about Brady specifically while he remains under contract with New England for a few more weeks, he didn’t rule out going after Brady.
“I’ve been asked the question I can’t tell you how many different ways and different times,” Telesco said via Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times. “The way I’ve kind of answered it is this: We’re early in the process, way too early to eliminate anything right now. Like, we’re more in a wide-lens evaluation process to see what fits, what doesn’t fit. We’ll narrow things down later on. But we’ll see.”
- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline mentions Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland as a name to watch for the Chargers at the top of the second round.
The Chiefs will sign QB Patrick Mahomes to a record-breaking extension. The only question is when that will be. Mahomes is eligible to sign a deal now, but Kansas City is hard-pressed for cap flexibility and has a number of other pending free agents like DT Chris Jones. Chiefs GM Brett Veach said an extension for Mahomes will take some time to hammer out, and part of that could be Mahomes making a few small concessions to allow the Chiefs more flexibility.
“I think the cool thing about Pat and his agent is they realize he’s gonna make a lot of money — no one operates in the sense of taking the extreme team discount — but Pat is also very cognizant of wanting to be in a place like Kansas City and win a lot of Super Bowls,” Veach said via Pro Football Talk. “There are some things to help the team to make sure there’s always talent around him. It’ll take time, it’ll get done.”
- According to Fansided’s Matt Verderame, the Chiefs are meeting with DT Mike Pennel‘s agent at the Combine. Both sides are interested in a reunion.
- Lousiana-Lafayette OL Robert Hunt has a formal interview with the Chiefs scheduled at the Combine. (Herbie Teope)
- LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire said he met with the Chiefs at the Combine. (Twitter)
- Ohio State RB J.K. Dobbins will meet with the Chiefs at the Combine. (Matt Verderame)
- Utah RB Zack Moss had a formal interview with the Chiefs at the Combine. (Thor Nystrom)
- While the initial reaction from a lot of executives, coaches and scouts has been skeptical that Patriots QB Tom Brady leaves New England, NFL Media’s Michael Giardi mentions the Raiders have come up as a potential destination for Brady.
- Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb had a meeting with the Raiders at the Combine. (Vic Tafur)
- LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire met with the Raiders at the Combine. (Josh Norris)