Broncos LB Bradley Chubb never really got the chance to build on an impressive rookie season, as a torn ACL nuked his second season. Chubb says he’s continuing to rehab and is still targeting a return to the field this season.
“My knee is doing great,” Chubb said via Troy Renck of ABC7 in Denver. “I am in rehab every day. Me and one of the trainers working. We are making sure we are doing the right things to stay clean and do the right things so there are no setbacks for the coming year.”
- Per Renck, the Broncos view new G Graham Glasgow as a cornerstone player to pair with LG Dalton Risner.
- Broncos GM John Elway spoke about the team signing Glasgow: “Graham is a big, powerful and tough ascending player. Over the course of his pro and college career, he’s shown incredible durability and been very productive. Graham’s best football is ahead of him and he fills a big need for us.” (Renck)
- Glasgow will likely continue to play right guard with the starting center potentially someone not yet on the roster. (Renck)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, the Panthers tried shopping QB Cam Newton to the Chargers but Los Angeles wasn’t interested.
- Chargers signed LB Nick Vigil. (NFLTR)
- Fansided’s Matt Verderame notes the Chiefs have stayed in contact with free-agent CB Bashaud Breeland, though they would likely need to clear cap space to be able to re-sign him.
- Former XFL QB Jordan Ta’amu‘s one-year deal with the Chiefs includes a $70,000 signing bonus. (Aaron Wilson)
- Raiders RB Rod Smith‘s one-year, $910,000 deal qualifies for the veteran salary benefit. (Aaron Wilson)