- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com writes that Broncos HC Vance Joseph‘s fate appears to be sealed, especially after they lost to the 49ers.
- According to Breer, one scenario making the rumor-mill rounds is that the Broncos could target current Ravens HC John Harbaugh and pair him with Gary Kubiak, who would serve as the team’s offensive coordinator.
- Breer does, however, admit that the Ravens may not be “as keen on the idea of parting ways with their coach as they were a couple months ago.“
- Regarding the report that the Broncos are expected to fire Joseph after the season, Josina Anderson says that no direct discussions have been relayed at this point in time and the focus remains on the team’s final two games of the season.
- Adam Schefter reports that Chargers WR Keenan Allen (hip pointer) is expected to play against the Ravens on Saturday.
- Meanwhile, Schefter says that RB Melvin Gordon (MCL) also expected to play.
- Los Angeles Chargers brought in two free agents for workouts on Wednesday including DE Tobi Antigha and LB Jameer Thurman. (Howard Balzer)
- Chargers promoted DE Anthony Lanier to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Chargers waived DE Chris Landrum.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said of the decision to sign QB Nathan Peterman to their practice squad on Wednesday: “He’s on the practice squad. I want to reiterate that.”
- Gruden explained that backup A.J. McCarron is in Alabama following the birth of his child and they needed a quarterback. However, Gruden did add that he envisions Peterman as being part of their offseason program. (Michael Gehlken)
- According to Gruden, “it doesn’t look like” RT Donald Penn (groin) will be activated from injured reserve this season. (Michel Gehlken)
- Gruden said G Gabe Jackson (injured reserve) has a 6-8 week recovery timetable, but is not expected to undergo surgery. (Scott Bair)