Broncos HC Vic Fangio mentioned that rookie QB Drew Lock “definitely could be the guy” for them long term.
“He’s done enough to show he definitely could be the guy, and we’re looking for that to be the case,” Fangio said, via ESPN.com.
- Broncos CB Chris Harris was asked about his uncertain future in Denver: “I’m so thankful to the Broncos. I’ve had a great nine years here. Whatever happens, happens, but I’m just focusing on finishing here strong and doing whatever I can to go into the game with a clear mind and play the best I can.” (Troy Renck)
- Broncos RT Ja’Wuan James said he suffered a tore his MCL in the season opener, then tore meniscus and had MCL scar tissue against the Colts. James added that he won’t need to undergo surgery and he will be ready for the start of OTAs. (Mike Klis)
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Chargers have been mulling the possibility of hiring two new coordinators at the very least
- La Canfora says some have at least wondered whether HC Anthony Lynn will remain with the team, despite a great job last year.
- Chargers QB Philip Rivers was asked about having a disappointing season like this so late in his career: “It stings a little more. They all sting. You hate, always, when you’re not in. But it certainly hurts a little more when you’re on the home stretch.” (Daniel Popper)
- Field Yates reports that the Raiders converted the $1.75 million roster bonus due to DT Johnathan Hankins this offseason into a signing bonus.
- Interestingly enough, Yates says the Raiders prorated the bonus over two years, which is a clear indication that he’s part of the team’s future plans.