Mike Klis of 9News takes a look at nine candidates for the Broncos’ No. 15 overall pick in this year’s draft including:
- Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III
- Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb
- Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy
- LSU WR Justin Jefferson
- Florida CB C.J. Henderson
- Ohio State CB Jeffrey Okudah
- Clemson CB A.J. Terrell
- Georgia LT Andrew Thomas
- Baylor WR Denzel Mims
- The Athletic’s Daniel Popper explains that some of the recent trade speculation around Chargers CB Desmond King is fueled by King’s effective suspension in Week 14 last year and Los Angeles adding another high-priced nickel corner in Chris Harris.
- The Chargers now have a bit of a logjam at defensive back given the expected larger role for 2019 second-round S Nasir Adderley.
- Popper points out the Chargers shouldn’t have a major issue fitting an extension for Redskin LT Trent Williams into the cap and re-signing key free agents in 2021 should they trade for the veteran given the projected growth for the salary cap.
- Popper doesn’t think the Chargers will rely on Trey Pipkins as their starting left tackle next year but he adds the team is confident he will eventually develop into that role.
- Regarding QB Easton Stick, Popper clarifies that the team is developing him more as a backup instead of a starting option.
- If the Chargers draft a running back this year, Popper doesn’t anticipate it come before the fifth round given how high they are on Justin Jackson.
- Because Miami has so much draft capital, Popper writes it will be hard for the Chargers to jump ahead of them for a quarterback.
- He says Los Angeles might have to take whichever rookie passer Miami leaves for them, unless the Dolphins don’t care which quarterback they end up with between Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa and Oregon’s Justin Herbert.
- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline writes the buzz from the Raiders is they would like to draft a wide receiver with their first-round pick at No. 12 overall if the player they prefer is available.
- Pauline adds not to count out Utah State QB Jordan Love as a pick for the Raiders if he’s available with the No. 19 overall pick even though they have a need at corner.
- NBC Sports’ Scott Bair said the Raiders should be able to get one of Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy, Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb or Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III at No. 12.
- If the Raiders wait until No. 19 to take a receiver, their options include LSU WR Justin Jefferson, Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk, Colorado WR Laviska Shenault Jr., Clemson WR Tee Higgins, Baylor WR Denzel Mims and TCU WR Jalen Reagor.
- Some later-round options for the Raiders include Penn State WR KJ Hamler, Notre Dame WR Chase Claypool, Ohio State WR K.J. Hill, USC WR Michael Pittman, Texas WR Devin Duvernay and Florida WR Van Jefferson. (Josh Schrock)
- Notre Dame S Alohi Gilman had a private visit with the Raiders that was canceled due to the shutdown. (Justin Melo)