New Broncos HC Vic Fangio said that he plans to get the most of Case Keenum.
“Right now Case Keenum is our quarterback,” Fangio said, per Nicki Jhabvala. “I’ve had the good fortune of seeing him at the best in his career when he played at Minnesota, being in our division at the time. So I know what he’s capable of and we’re going to try to get that out of him.”
- Regarding Von Miller, Fangio said: “I think Von Miller can play even better than he’s played in his career.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Nicki Jhabvala could see the Broncos retaining RBs coach Curtis Modkins and WRs coach Zach Azzanni for the 2019 season, given they both worked with recently hired HC Vic Fangio in Chicago.
- Jhabvala mentions that Modkins and Azzanni both did a good job developing players, dealing with injuries, and trades of key players.
- Mike Klis reports that it would not be surprising if the Broncos find roles for Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani if/when Gary Kubiak is named offensive coordinator.
Mike Garafolo reports that the Chiefs have adjusted their defensive packages in expectation of Berry not playing this weekend.
- Tucson attorney Ali Farhang says he talked to Raiders president Marc Badain about the possibility of the Raiders playing their 2019 home games at Arizona Stadium: “It’s a long shot, but we’re going to put our best foot forward to turn impossible into possible.” (Arizona Daily Star)