- According to KUSA’s Mike Klis, the Broncos are looking at upgrading their running game to help support QB Drew Lock in his second season and first as the full-time starter.
- Klis says Denver is searching for a back to complement RB Phillip Lindsay, with free-agent options including Cardinals RB Kenyan Drake, Chargers RB Melvin Gordon, Texans RB Carlos Hyde and Eagles RB Jordan Howard.
- The Broncos also had formal interviews at the Combine with Florida State RB Cam Akers, Ohio State RB J.K. Dobbins, Boston College RB A.J. Dillon and Vanderbilt RB Ke’Shawn Vaughn.
- Ryan O’Halloran of the Denver Post mentions Redskins QB Case Keenum as a veteran option to back up Lock in Denver.
- Mike Klis says that unless something drastically changes with his market, veteran CB Chris Harris is unlikely to be back in 2020.
After winning the franchise’s first Super Bowl in 50 years last month, the Chiefs have now turned their attention fully to 2020. With a 24-year-old quarterback who is quickly making a case for himself as the best in the NFL in Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City can legitimately think about becoming the next NFL dynasty and contending for a Super Bowl every year for the foreseeable future.
“It was such a great feeling to accomplish certain goals you set out to accomplish,” Chiefs DB Tyrann Mathieu said via ESPN’s Adam Teicher. “My mindset is that it’s time to reset and try to do it again. I think we’ve got a really good team and a really good opportunity. Not every team has the opportunity we have. It’s important for us to kind of reset and just get back to work.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Raiders are making plans to meet with or work out Florida International QB James Morgan following the combine.