“His chances are better this week than they were last week, but we don’t want to put him out there too soon,” Lynn said, per Mike DiGiovanna.
- Lynn said of the decision to release RT Joe Barksdale: “At this point in time, it was best for Joe and best for the Chargers. ...We had a good conversation with him this morning. All I can say is he’s in a good place, we’re in a good place, and we wish him well.” (Mike DiGiovanna)
- As for OC Ken Whisenhunt interviewing for Georgia Tech job, Lynn said: “It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s his job to turn down, because he’s a heck of a football coach.” (Mike DiGiovanna)
“Some of those were off the (run-pass option) stuff and the reads,” Reid said, via Lynn Worthy of the Kansas City Star. “Then he had a couple just by the way they were playing. They were pushing towards the RPO stuff and they created seams there, so we were able to attack those when we had a true pass on. . . .
“They were good adjustments, and he’s not taking big hits on those. He’s getting down, and we’re getting out of bounds — which is important. I’m not too worried about that. There are going to be games when you’ve got to do that. That’s what’s available, and you’ve got to take advantage of that. I’ve got confidence in the other guys, the other two running backs, that they can play. I don’t have a problem there.”
- The Raiders tried out free agent LBs James Burgess and Edmond Robinson last week. (Howard Balzer)
- Raiders signed DE Damontre Moore. (NFLTR)
- Raiders waived DE Fadol Brown.