- According to Spotrac, Chargers RB Melvin Gordon has forfeited $329,705 in fines by holding out to this point.
- According to Matt Derrick, Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill stayed in Jacksonville overnight and returned to Kansas City Monday following his shoulder injury.
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Hill’s dislocation was reduced non-surgically. The team will monitor his recovery, though they don’t have a timetable yet.
- Dr. David Chao would not be surprised if Hill was placed on injured reserve and activated later in the season.
- Hill’s new three-year, $54 million deal includes $7.34 million fully guaranteed, including a $5.8 million signing bonus and minimum base salaries the next two seasons. (Albert Breer)
- Hill has $14.785 million guaranteed for injury and cash flows of $6.52 million this year, $16.2 million in 2020 and $15.4 million in 2021.
- The deal is essentially a year-to-year deal, protecting the Chiefs with early roster bonuses. The first is due on September 10 (Tuesday) and will pay Hill $11 million in 2020. (Breer)
- Jay Glazer reported on FOX NFL Sunday that the Raiders actually made the decision to move on from Antonio Brown on Thursday and began calling around to teams around the NFL in an attempt to trade him.
- However, Glazer says the guaranteed money in Brown’s deal and the issues with him the past few months prevented any trade opportunities.
- Brown was reportedly on the phone with a head coach for a different team 15 minutes before signing a one-year deal with the Patriots.
- The producer of Brown’s video confirmed that Raiders HC Jon Gruden allowed his phone call to be published in the video Brown released Friday night. (Dianna Russini)