Here’s a running list of reports and rumors regarding the Dolphins’ head-coaching search. Be sure to check back for the latest updates.
- Patriots DC Brian Flores (Interviewed)
- Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy (Interviewed)
- Saints DC Dennis Allen (Interviewed)
- Cowboys passing game coordinator/DBs coach Kris Richard (Interviewed)
- Steelers OL Coach Mike Munchak (Requested)
- Bears DC Vic Fangio (Scheduled)
- Dolphins STs coordinator Darren Rizzi (Scheduled)
- According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the “belief around the league” is Saints DC Dennis Allen was recommended to Dolphins’ owner Stephen Ross by the team’s former GM Jeff Ireland, who is currently the assistant GM for New Orleans.
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins will not interview Saints assistant HC/TEs coach Dan Campbell, who held the interim job after Joe Philbin was fired. Salguero says that Campbell is “highly respected” but apparently not interested in the Dolphins’ job.
- Former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik still thinks the Dolphins are the team that will try the hardest to hire Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh. Dominik says that while Dolphins owner Stephen Ross loves his alma mater, it’s hard to fire Adam Gase without a plan already in place.
- Adam Beasley says he’d be “shocked” if Saints assistant HC/TEs coach Dan Campbell doesn’t get an interview for the Dolphins’ job.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross may have decided to fire HC Adam Gase after the coach asked for clarity regarding his status with the team, given that he’ll have other options available to him. If Gase is hired by another team, the amount the Dolphins owe him will be reduced by his new contract. Florio adds that it was believed Ross planned to keep Gase in place while determining whether he had a chance to land a notable head coach such as Ravens HC John Harbaugh.