Pro Football Talk reports that veteran CB Richard Marshall has signed a one-year deal with the San Diego Chargers.
- Michael Gehlken notes that familiarity with DB coach Ron Milus helped convince Marshall to sign with San Diego.
Marshall, 28, missed 12 games for the Dolphins last season. He joins a secondary that includes Derek Cox and Shareece Wright at cornerback.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that free agent CB Richard Marshall also visited with the Jaguars on Friday.
- According to Florio’s source, Marshall could decide on his next team as soon as Friday.
- Florio adds that the Chargers are still an option for Marshall as well.
Jacksonville could use some additional help at cornerback. As of now, the Jaguars have Alan Ball and rookie Dwayne Gratz manning their top-two cornerback positions.
Armando Salguero reports that recently released CB Richard Marshall is visiting with the Chargers on Tuesday.
- Salguero adds that “multiple teams” have interest in Marshall.
Pro Football Talk reports that the Miami Dolphins have released CB Richard Marshall.
- Pro Football Talk adds that the Dolphins tried to trade Marshall before they ultimately released him.
This is a bit of a surprise given that the Dolphins signed him to a three-year deal worth $16 million and included $6 million guaranteed. Marshall received a $3.5 million signing bonus upon reaching a deal with Miami. This will allow Miami to not pay Marshall his $4.55 million base salary.
Miami drafted Jamar Taylor in the second-round of this years draft and Will Davis in the third-round, so they have some young talent at the position. Dimitri Patterson and Brent Grimes figure to be the Dolphins starting cornerbacks this season.
It will interesting to see if NFL teams show interest in him at some point in the near future.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!